Saturday, March 31, 2007

*They* are the champions

Apparently I am the only lame-ass in my immediate family. John was recently voted president of the local German-Swedish club (out of a field of 1, but still), and Hannah was just accepted into her first-choice Gymnasium. We just turned in her application one week ago and weren’t expecting an answer for at least two more weeks, so it was a pleasant surprise to get the letter in the mail today.

I, on the other hand, don’t have a single word down for my paper, which was due by today. I’ve been reading and thinking, and thinking and reading, but no writing yet.

Unfortunately, my lame-assery is spreading, because all I can manage blog-wise right now is some linkitty, for your entertainment.

Some printables for kids (German site)
Each of the pictures links to a different collection (calendar pages, seasons, sports, etc.).

Children’s artwork translated into photographs (click on the arrows for the complete series)

Crass avarice (or stuff I would like to buy):
chess cookie cutters
approximate watch
parasite pals erasers
a sari
Jane Austen action figure
periodic table shower curtain

The Periodic Table of Dessert
A Scientific and Rigorous approach to patisserie -- in Full Color

Place the state game
Name all 50 states in 10 minutes

Death and Taxes poster

Stuff aimed at specific readers:
Art Garfunkel’s reading list
Chris' Eastern Screech Owl Nest Box Cam'

No comments: