Monday, February 14, 2005

I Crack Myself Up

There's a port-a-potty at a construction site on my bus route that just kills me. On the side, it says
TOI
TOI
Obviously, toi is short for toilet (in both English and German), but there is also a good-luck expression in German: toi toi toi! I can picture someone going into the portable feeling a sense of encouragement just from reading its name. Tee! Hee!
(I know, "simple pleasures....")

This morning I saw a cigarette ad depicting several yellow taxis in nighttime traffic, and the slogan on the ad said, "New York Taste." As far as I am concerned, a taxi and a cigarette *are* similar-tasting, but I don't think the ad guys were going for that association exactly. Maybe they figured that if smokers weren't put off by the strict German cigarette labels ('Cigarettes will kill you'; 'Cigarettes will make you impotent'), then what's a little exhaust flavor?

Courtney Love's Clone finally decided to do something about her 3-inch roots and looks quite cute with a nice brown dye job. I saw this morning, though, that she is backsliding. She had some badly penciled cat eyes going. When she stood up, I thought I noticed a belly bump. I hope for the sake of her hypothetical fetus that she gets the make-up thing straightened out soon, because *no one* wants that to be the first thing that they ever see.

No comments: