Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Rain, rain, go away, dammit

I have only been back to school for a week, and already I am feeling slightly overwhelmed. Well, not too overwhelmed, but I was going to proofread today since I have no classes, but instead I have been preparing for an oral presentation I have to give on Thursday. Really, the presentation is pretty straightforward as far as I'm concerned, but the professor wanted me and the other presenter to contact him in advance, and I had to clear up a couple of things I couldn't figure out on my own, wah wah wah.

On top of that, Tuesday is my grocery-shopping day, my day to drop DD off at school and pick her up and take her to ballet. I think I'll have plenty of time for school stuff or work stuff, but it never works out that way. Alas.

It's pouring rain, and I have to walk out the door in 15 minutes to pick up DD. Stupid rain. At least we both have umbrellas. She spent some of her own allowance to buy a new-er one at a flea market. The old Pippi Longstocking umbrella has seen better days. We got it in Sweden when we lived there 4 years ago, and since then it has been dragged around the world (well, back to Texas, then to Germany).

Ok, ok, must spend last 15 minutes on presentation.

No comments: