Friday, January 05, 2018

Trying to catch up

After flying to Texas, plus the holidays, my sleep schedule is way off. John goes back to work on Monday, so I guess that will help me get back into an earlier to bed/to rise rhythm, which I haven't been able to do myself with my alarm clock.

I made delicious carrot soup today. I usually follow a cookbook religiously, but I don't usually get great results. Since my soup cookbook basically follows one pattern -- saute onions, add veg until soft, add broth and simmer, +/- dairy -- I decided I would do it from memory, more or less, and it turned out better than ever. Also, a dallop of sour cream on top and some fried crouton-thingies are delicious!

This weekend I need to do some "onboarding" stuff for my new job. I am very excited to get the ball rolling on that.

If it will stop raining for more than 5 minutes, I am going to take my bike for a spin to see if it needs any repairs. John has to get his bike into the shop soon, so he can take mine, too, if necessary.

--Nee in Germany helped take down the xmas tree today

No comments: