Thursday, January 04, 2018

Keeping our kayaks ready

It has been raining non-stop for a couple of days now, and the street along the river is closed for the second time since New Year's Day. Luckily, we live way too high up the hill for the rising river to be a problem at our house, but our little village may not be so lucky if the lowest cellars start flooding.

I starting refinishing two windows that had crumbling putty mumble mumble months ago, and today John and I finally got the glass and putty put back in on one of them. I broke a few panes while getting them out in the first place, and it turns out that the windows are NOT the same size, because my replacement panes only fit one of the windows, so now I don't have enough glass to finish the other window. I guess I'll have to write back to the glass dude to see if I can get the glass recut or replaced.

I think we've just about finished our leftovers from New Year's Eve, but it has been a bit ridiculous. John has been drinking champagne with lunch, and we are both stuffed with meat. I'm glad I'm getting back to my exercise routine, or I'd feel even more bloated than I do.

I was away from home most of yesterday to work with one of my authors, but it took us so long, I wasn't able to meet Hannah to do some jeans shopping with her. She went with her boyfriend instead, and I got the bill. I guess I'll wait until the weather improves to do my own shopping.

--Nee in Germany washed her bike in the rain today

No comments: