Sunday, April 04, 2010

Not paying attention

On a recent shopping trip, I wanted to treat myself to one of my favorite German candies, gummi-colas.



Only, when I got home, Hannah pointed out that I had managed to buy FRUIT-flavored gummi-colas.



Okay, I suppose. I mean, I am familiar with cherry coke,



and lemon pepsi



and pomegranate 7-up.



(Heh, that last one is actually 1. not a cola, and 2. a recent find of Hannah's from the import shop.)

But if you will notice on the bag, the third fruit is (not pomegranate) orange. I don't recall there being an orange-flavored cola in the States, but they drink it over here.



There is another one called Schwip Schwap.



I wouldn't drink either of them, for I hate orange, but I like the commercials for Schwip Schwap better. They show a lab where people are trying various methods for getting the cola in the orange, with humorous results.

Anyhow, Hannah was able to reassure me that the gummis didn't actually taste like anything but cola, so I was able to chow down on them without worrying about them including any extra flavors or vitamins. *whew!*

I've got to start reading the packaging more closely, though. Who knows what it will be next time...

1 comment:

Yoda said...

I find the concept of orange-coke completely horrifying. And I like orange.