Monday, May 19, 2008

News of the Weird

I broke my not-cutting-myself streak by making a magnificent slice in my thumb Saturday night while slicing onions. Luckily, I did not get any blood on the food. Unfortunately, I had to finish cutting up the onions and 2 pounds of tomatoes for soup.

It stopped hurting immediately, and the bleeding stopped pretty quickly, too, but now I have a gaping, white flap of skin on the end of my thumb. I finally got rid of the last bandaid this evening while washing dishes, but the thought of anything catching on my thumb-flap made me scrub very gingerly. And the thought of having to type the words "thumb-flap" makes me physically ill.

Making meatballs without meating up my thumb-flap was also an adventure in cookery that I would have avoided if at all possible.

No comments: