Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Twisted Sister

Hannah got the Spongebob movie while we were in Texas. In one scene toward the end, Spongebob plays "I'm a Goofy Goober" to the tune of Twisted Sister's "I wanna rock."


Spongebob Squarepants The Movie - Goofy Goober Rock - More amazing video clips are a click away

So this morning when John started singing "I wanna rock", I had to chime in with "I'm a goofy goober". That's just how I roll. John wonders what Dee Snider and company think of the use to which their music has been put.

Then I remembered that I actually had that album (well, cassette) as a kid. And then I remembered that I used to play "You're gonna burn in hell" at LilSis. And then my father threw my cassette away.

I guess I could blame LilSis for the loss of my marvelous tape that might have been a collector's item by now, but instead I will apologize to her for terrorizing her with big-haired 80s metal. It turns out I was the twisted sister.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you see how far behind I am in checking in, huh? No need to apologize, I probably am going to burn in hell, but you know I'll be in good company. I will take this time to apologize for the loss of your tape. If only we had it now to play to other people we know, hmmm, who could that be? ?
Love Ya!
LilSis