Saturday, July 22, 2006

Tests, Tents, Etc.

I’m supposed to be studying for a test in my class on changes in English over the last century, and I am bored out of my skull. Some of the topics I have found pretty interesting (like the formation of new words or changes in meaning for established words), but sound change is likely to put me in a coma. zzzzzzzzz... Fortunately, I don’t think it will come up on the test, because we didn’t go into great detail on it in class, and we’re also mainly dealing with written language. At least I have my fingers crossed.

John is feeling a little Hannah-withdrawal this evening, but not as bad as last night. Right after school yesterday, she went to hang out with a friend, and has basically only been home since then to get her stuff and to play on the computer/with her sewing machine with said friend. The friend’s parents put up a 3-room tent in their back yard, so the whole family slept there last night, and the kids are planning to have another go at it tonight. We got a refreshing little shower earlier, but I don’t think it will rain overnight again.

TMI alert!
.
.
.
I suspect I may have expelled my IUD. You’d think this is something I would have noticed, and not to go into too many details, I suspect it happened during Aunt Flo’s last visit. It was exactly like her visits to me a year-and-a-half ago before I got the IUD, and this month I am definitely feeling blue while she’s here. Which is really a drag. I have found myself occasionally acting like my father* (minus the cheating and putting down), and I want to shoot myself. But at least I am aware of it and can consciously force myself to STOP IT.

* John knows he has crossed the line into insufferable asshole-ism when I call him my father’s name, and I am cringingly waiting for him to return the favor.

No comments: