Sunday, July 16, 2006

Rumors of my death were premature...

I survived the term paper and the written exam (parts 1 and 2 for admission to upper-division coursework)--passing is possibly a different matter, but I won't know for a while. Now I just have a translation exam (English into German), a seminar exam (ongoing change in English), and a 20-minute oral exam in linguistics (part 3) before the end of the semester in two weeks. After the first two things, though, I somehow feel more confident about the other ones. I spent several late nights last week working on the paper, which was due at noon on Friday, then had to cram for the exam on Saturday morning (I had actually already been preparing, but it had been a couple of weeks since I had worked really steadily on it), so by Saturday afternoon I was beat and barely even coherent. But I got a good night's sleep last night and have already pulled out my materials for the next round of tests.

Since my life has been terribly boring recently, I don't really have much of interest to post right now. I'll dig through my Palm later, though, and see if I can't cull out any notes I've been hoarding for the post-exam period. But to give myself a running start, I weeded all the gardening and construction photos out of this blog and put them in photo albums, so there are new photo links on the right.

After a bite of lunch, we're taking the afternoon off to go to our village's annual carnival, so look for more another photo album chock full of fun tomorrow or so.

No comments: