Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I like...

...the neighbor’s yard. It is full of garden gnomes, including 2 sets of Snow White and the 7 dwarfs.

...the little carvings on buildings around town, like the faces and shields above the doors to a bookstore.

...the record store near the English Department. Any shop that makes me want to run out and buy a turntable so I can buy Born to Add and Pet Sounds from them is all right by me.

...one of the dresses at the infamous Marriage Royale. It’s white with gold, lacy trim. It looks like something Björk would wear if her swan were at the cleaners. It makes me happy.

...sunshine on a cold day. And it has been COLD. The high pressure front that had Russia locked in ice is now hovering over the rest of Europe. Today was a balmy 30F, but when I left the house yesterday morning, it was about 23F. As long as Mr. Sunshine is there, though, I am happy as a clam wrapped in a balaclava.

No comments: