Thursday, January 20, 2005

More bus craziness

I saw a chick on the bus wearing a mildly bizarre hat. I think it was supposed to be a crocheted beret or tam-o-shanter, but it looked like a slightly squashed cauliflower with a golf ball on top for easy removal of said hat. The guy next to her was wearing what was obviously a beret made in the normal way, which only made her head gear seem more sad and strange.

---

I give L.H. a lot of hell for making fun of total strangers--the size of their ears, the shape of their heads, the perceived correlation between the redness of their hair and their aggressiveness/drunkenness/Irishness.

After reading some of my posts (like above), he may think I'm in some kind of pot-kettle denial, but note that I do not denigrate anyone's physical characteristics *that they do not have any control over*. But if someone chooses, of her own free will, to wear a squashed cauliflower or a dead badger in public, then she is obviously fair game. (I wouldn't be above commenting on a bad boob job, either, but I leave that for the pros at the bad plastic surgery sites.)

No comments: