Tuesday, January 09, 2018

The sun! It burns!

The sun came out today, and it was the most glorious thing I've seen. I ran to open all the curtains to let the extra light in, and I noticed it had been sprinkling. The Germans say the devil is beating his wife when that happens (rain and sun). Later, I heard on the radio that last month was the third darkest December since they started recording hours of daylight in Germany. It sure felt like it! But now that it is less overcast, it is getting colder. Oh, well, if it is not cold in January, when should it be?

That being said, I bought my first spring flowers on Monday to help brighten the place up. They'll be dead soon enough, but I needed a bit of yellow/orange to counteract the gloom.

I'm within 1500 words of being done with my translation. As John pointed out, this may be my last one ever (thank Gnu).

I like to rub my face on my cat, but she doesn't always like it. John could appreciate my statement to the cat "Thanks for not ripping my face off" from a linguistic perspective as a unique utterance, but otherwise he found it weird.

--Nee in Germany picks cold and sunny over gray and warm any day

No comments: