Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thoughts from yesterday

I am all hopped up on hormones and a severe lack of fat, salt, and sugar, which has lead me to raid the tiny stash of ancient, wizened Halloween gummies. Trust me, this is not satisfying when what you really want is something deep-fried and smothered in chocolate.*

John has been pestering me to make brownies, but 1) I have been trying to work on a huge editing job, and 2) we don’t have enough butter. So sad. After 2 international vacations this summer, we are reduced to a state of brownie-less poverty. John actually has some money coming in, but we are still waiting on it. So annoying.

*Yes, I am shamelessly stealing a line from Shrek 2. That’s just how I roll around here.

***

I came down off the hormone high yesterday evening with a crash. Today I've been on a little more even keel. *whew!*

No comments: