Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We're back!

We made it back from Stockholm yesterday with a minimum of fuss. The cats were alive when we got home, so it was a win all the way around.

After the second day there and the first day of walking around, my thighs were sore. After the third day, my knee hurt and I was starting to get a sore throat. The knees seem fine now, but I have a bit of an icky cough. John and Hannah are healthy as horses, and of course I was the only one to get sunburned on the one sunny day. Woe is me!

I am in the process of uploading our 357 photos (or at least a sizeable portion of them) to Flickr, so feel free to check over there for updates. I hope to start getting posts plus photos up on my travel blog tomorrow, but I'll keep you posted over here.

To tide you over until then, here are a few tidbits:

Not too confident, are they?

A Carlsberg beer truck. Confident, aren't they?

And for Mr. Jooge:

for Mr Jooge

Here is the wrapping paper for John's belated bday present from me:

Swedish gift wrap

He says licorice tastes like ass (how does he know?), so it is ironic that he gets the licorice mix wrapping paper.

Inside was this t-shirt:

John's birthday tshirt

Now I just need to figure out a way to get rid of his old, dingy, ratty Viking t-shirt.

Speaking of licorice, I never had to share my Swedish gum:

the best gum in the world

Mmmm... salty licorice gum. And sugar-free!

Finally, a tutorial in European toiletry for my American homies:

Swedish toilet

Push on the left for full-flow, the right for low-flow. It depends on what has been deposited. Now you can travel internationally without making a bathroom faux pas!

No comments: