Saturday, August 12, 2006

The B-U-S

July was a scorcher around here, but as soon as I turned the calendar to August, Mother Nature did a 180. It’s been raining off and on since then, and it has been much cooler than your normal August. Today the high was in the 60s, and the overnight low is supposed to be about 50. One day last week, it even felt suspiciously fall-like, with a crisp breeze thrown in for good measure. One of John’s co-workers mentioned it, then I repeated the sentiment later that afternoon. His response? “La-la-la-la-la!” with his hands over his ears. He’s really hoping it will heat up again before we get to Sweden, but as my relatives say, you can shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up faster. John hates that saying.

Now that school is out, I haven’t been on the bus all that much, but I’ve finally managed to round up all the bits of paper I jotted my horror onto, so now I can share them with you.

[Ok, this was totally crappy, so I put it out of my misery.]

I have a cold, so cobbling these bits together into one post is about the most I can manage for now. Sorry.

No comments: