Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Drive-By Post

Here's what's been happening, in abbreviated format.

  • Snow and sledding (DD and LH)
  • School-related list-making and self-flagellation (nee)

Doesn't sound very interesting like that, but it's accurate nonetheless.

In other news, JK Rowling had her baby (a girl). Go Ms. Rowling!

***

I've had a novel idea floating around in my head for a while, but no actual words on paper. Still no words, but lately I've been having a series of epiphanies that are making the story much more interesting. I don't know if I'm moving toward or away from the story being more cliched, but it's exciting to know that something is happening. Not that it's the best timing in the world...

I've noticed that the closer it gets to the end of term, the more I yearn for things to distract me from school-work: reading, fiddling with my never-written stories, sewing. I haven't thought much about these things over the last few months, but now suddenly I'm desperate to do them all. I'm a starter at heart, not a finisher, but I come by it honestly. When I get the overwhelming urges, I make a list of what I'd *like* to do, then forget about it. It helps me get on with daily life.

***

I can't really bitch about the weather, considering that people in the NE of the US are snowed into their houses, but we've gotten a good bit of snow that's lasted a couple of days now, and there are light flurries outside the window even as I write. Since I can see some blue sky between the snow clouds, I don't think I'll go on a murderous rampage today. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: