Thursday, November 18, 2004

Organization, My Waterloo

I have never seen a little clutter as a big deal. Of course, I've come a long way since my teen years when my grandmother threatened to have my room condemned on the odd occasions when she was at our house, but still, I have a deep-seated need to make piles. Sometimes L.H. and I joke about putting documents on the compost pile, a la Dilbert. But I can put my hands on whatever we're looking for, so the pile system isn't a complete disaster.

Normally I make my piles, then every week or 2 or 5 I sort and put away everything. Turns out that maybe I should be doing that on a daily basis for my class notes pile. I really try to keep everything sorted, but there's just so much. I seem to have misplaced my Latin notes from Monday, and it's making me a tad nuts.

[Mystery solved in the evening: the Latin notes and books were taken out of my bag, but only the books made it back in. Whew!]

***

Note scrawled on today's Latin notes:
Dull red pencil...straining—must not...stab. I need it to correct my homework.

Two chatty girls behind me, and me and 60 other people TRYING TO HEAR!

No comments: