Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Resolving resolutions

Now is the time to think about my resolutions for the new year, but mostly I am just trying to get back on track after the holidays and my recent traveling.

I had been doing one of those 30-day exercise challenges, on top of some stretches, but hadn't had time or space to keep up with it while I was in Texas, so I am starting over on day 1 today. That means I should have gotten through all 30 days before starting my new job on Feb. 1.

John and I had also gotten away from eating so much meat, but our guests over the holidays were big meat-and-potato types, so now that they are gone, it is time to dig our chickpea recipes back out.

Being around my family reminded me that I haven't done such a great job in the recent past at staying in touch, so that is something I want to make more of an effort at.

My only real resolution is to take a hard look at my internet habits and really think about what they contribute to my happiness. There are some personal blogs I follow that I know I will keep up with, and facebook is my main means of communicating with a certain segment of friends, but otherwise I may cut way back. When I was at my sister's, they hardly watched any news on tv, mostly local stuff, and it was a pleasant break for me. I think doing the same thing online will help me feel less anxious this year. Starting my new job will also take up a lot of my mental energy, and I don't want to burn through what's left with 9gag and hyperpartisanship online.

--Nee in Germany has to use her brain, ouch!

No comments: